Smartstyle - Bad customer service, dye all over face,ears and neck

Update added by user May 16, 2015

Just a couple pictures her skin after visiting Smart style located within the Chelan Walmart store.Yes my daughter does live at home.

she just turned 22 and just finished her bachelor's degree in psychology.This has nothing to do with the unprofessionalism and service she received at this establishment.

Original review posted by user May 16, 2015

Anonymous to Anonymous 4 minutes ago #985175

In response to the Manager's response. She was very rude..I showed her many pictures of the service provided. The manager was very defensive and retaliated that her hair dresser was new. The only person that assumed my daughter lives at home (the manager) can only be an assumption. I went after wards to a reputable salon here in Chelan, and showed her the pictures and the statement from my daughter's bank. She told me if one of hair dressers would have blundered a hair project such as my daughter's that her employee would be looking for work elsewhere. I will be contacting the owner at this point. I am a very reputable member of this community, I don't fabricate issues, such as has been alleged by this manager. This issue has not been resolved.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Overall incompetence

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hair Coloring
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #636996 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Smartstyle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 29, 2015 #1026876

Why didn't your daughter say something?
This is unprofessional work!
Student just out of Beauty school who must not had showed up for classes!!! No joke.
How did the color turn out on the hair?
If it was a hot and miss color applications that has to be redone?
U need to file a smal claims action for the cost to the smart style service and the salon who fixed it. Unless you were lucky enough to have your daughter use a visa card then you can just call your Visa card and do a dispute for the service. Fyi...there's nothing wrong with Walmart or smart styles or whoever does your hair salons are just desperate to get anyone as employees so they'll hire them and stick up for them and I don't know what the heck they're doing... client beware... Just youtube it and do it can do any worse than what this person did! Good luck!

0 0 Reply

May 19, 2015 #985969

What is supposedly going on in these pictures? Was she getting a dye job?
And why do you mention several times that your daughter lives at home? What does that have to do with the results.
And, finally, you went to a hair salon in a Wal-Mart! You get what you pay for.

6 3 Reply

May 19, 2015 #986048

If you read the previous submission you would see the stylist that wrote the review kept referring to my daughter living at home. you are right in stating "you get what you pay for". I would never go there myself and will encourage others to choose a better salon...For sure

4 2 Reply
real person

Jul 27, 2015 #1012361

"You get what you pay for"? Really?
If a business is operating as a hair salon, customers have a reasonable expectation of service that is unlikely to give a customer red blotches on her ear and neck.
The fact that a business operates in Walmart is not relevant. Don't be such a ***.

9 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Smartstyle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Smartstyle.
Filing a new complaint about