Smartstyle - Bad hair style, double the price

Saturday, my mother and I decided to try the Smart Styles salon in Walmart in Mobile, AL on the beltline.We’ll never do that again.

They over charged us and did a terrible job on both of us. I had tried the salon in Fairhope AL and didn’t have a problem. My experience with the Mobile store was this: I asked for a shampoo and blow dry - not a Specialty style. But that’s what she charged me.

She didn’t even try to style my hair. Most stylists will use a round brush as they are drying my hair. She used her fingers and once or twice, a comb. I walked out of there looking like bed head.

She charged me DOUBLE what I paid in the Fairhope store for the same service. She also got my blouse soaking wet in the back. I asked her to use a blow dryer and dry it a little but she wouldn’t. She said I could do it and she’d give me a dryer to use.

She didn’t even do that. I had to find a blow dryer myself. Another stylist took it away from me and dried my blouse because she didn’t want me to burn my skin.

SHE was the one who deserved a tip!I have both receipts to show difference in pricing.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Services received

Reason of review:
Two of the above: poor customer service and pricing.
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Hair Style
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #627644 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Smartstyle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Smartstyle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Smartstyle.
Filing a new complaint about