1.1

I took time from work on Friday to get my hair cut at the Bessemer Walmart on Academy Drive.I had a wedding to attend Saturday and though I had gone to that Walmart location on Thursday morning to get it done (pursuant to the business hours listed on the store's website) it had been closed.

I took with me a small photograph showing how I wanted my hair cut. When I arrived a tattooed circus freak from outer space with blue hair styled a la Elsa Lanchester in Bride of Frankenstein introduced herself as the manager and asked me to wait while the stylist finished with another customer. When 'Sharon" was free I showed her the photo - at which she sneered and made some snarky comment about Mary Poppins - then made one or two slashes at my hair before she was called away to chat on the phone. She returned and slashed away some more while she visited with a friend who had dropped in.

At no time did she turn the chair so that I could she what she had done. I had told her I wanted it layered in the back , fairly short for height at the crown, and a bit longer on top with the sides reaching mid-ear and feathered forward. I have never had trouble explaining this before. She never checked for stray hairs or made any attempt to show me what she had done.

She had taken so long that I had to rush back to work and had no idea how awful it looked until I got home and shampooed to find that there are literally no two hairs on my head the same length, neckline is uneven, nothing tapered or layered, only a few hairs in front of my ears feathered forward with the rest cut above the ears like a man's, nothing cut from the crown which just dangles over the gaps she carved in the back.

I could have gotten a better haircut from a three-year-old.The only "smart" thing to do about smart-styles is to stay as far away as possible!

Review about: Smartstyle Haircut.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality work, Bad attitude.

Had an Experience with Smartstyle?

Comments