We had a real bad experience at the hair salon in Walmart in Valdosta today. We took Connor to get a trim.

There were 3 girls in there working and nobody else in line. We stood there for about 10 minutes before "Dominique" looked around the corner and said "what do you need?" I swear I should have walked away right that second, but I didn't. instead, I said this little boy needs a trim. She says, it will be 40 minutes.

I said, do you have a sign in sheet? She said no, i'll remember you, So we go shopping. 40 minutes later, every seat is full and 2 more waiting. I said, I thought you said 40 minutes.

She said I'll take him next I guess.  So 15 minutes later, she pointed and said cmon. Again, I should have left but didnt. She roughly wraps the cape around his neck pinching his neck in the process. He starts to tear up but sits there.

You have to know connor, he is so compliant and non confrontational that he just sat there with his head down. She roughly grabbed and manually turned his head several times and cut him twice. Once behind the ear and once on his neck. His mom had enough and said he was done.

The kid climbed into the grocery cart and pulled the blanket over his head. He is 5 years old. At the register, I asked for the manager and this gal said she was it. Not the one who cut his hair but another rude person.

I said I was not happy and I would be notifying the company. She asked why and I told her,. I even showed her his cuts. Her only response was "Yeah, she got him good".  Not an, I'm sorry, not an, I apologize , not an, Is he okay.

They were rude, mean, un concerned and one girl even made a racist comment.  She hollered across the salon to another girl about macaroni and cheese then looked at me and said how she was going to have to turn in her Black Card for eating it. Really? Horrible service.

I have a receipt and pics to prove it. BTW, he only started flinching after she cut him twice already.

Product or Service Mentioned: Smartstyle Haircut.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 31, 2016.

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1269750

Most stylists are used to cutting adult hair, and adults have a higher handling tolerance Those who specialize in children are fewer, and usually more expensive.

A nick or two is not uncommon, even for an adult, if you move or flinch in anyway while the scissors are close.

However, saying all of that, I would also be ticked off. To not get an apology or any type of sympathy or concern from the stylist after getting him 'good' twice, is not acceptable. Her manner sucks.

I would be looking up the business online and finding out who the owner is and making a complaint. I would also take him to the doctor just as a safety precaution.

Not for the cuts themselves, as they look minute, but the emotional damage her treatment may have done.

I have to wonder at your statement that he is compliant. Most 5 year olds are in no way compliant.

What is that about?

As for the mac and cheese? No idea and I would not care.