Resolved
1.3

Update by user Mar 01, 2015

Resolved

Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2015

I went to smart style in Belmont NC.I ask to take my black color out and just put a small grey highlight.

The girl ask others how to do it. Unbelievable... She was nice but this is horrible. I called for a redo.

I paid 127.00 could not believe it cost that much. Sending a picture i gave the girl i want my hair , and pictures of my hair after. She did not even take the back color out at all and charhed me. Its orange and blond and white highlights its a nightmare.

Please help....

I cant afford that but ive been sick and couldnt do my hair myself.I wanted very dark alburn with a smsll grey highlight thats all ....Thank you Debra Harris

Review about: Smartstyle Hair Coloring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Smartstyle?

Comments

Black doesn't just come out of your hair, it's a very lengthy process and truthfully 127.00 is nothing when dealing with black hair, especially if you expect silver highlights.

Because black box dye doesn't come out!!!

The prettiest hairdo in the world can't make up for freakshow fugly. Bow wow!

to Anonymous #983427

Of course your the hair stylist, that didn't know what she was doing. Ha

Olathe, Kansas, United States #952462

I am sorry you had a bad experience with a stylist.I will tell you I am a certified American Board Hair colorist and have been licensed in cosmetology for 19 year and a licensed cosmetology instructor for 6 years.

What I am understanding is you wanted black hair dye removed from your hair and lighten up to dark auburn and you wanted grey highlights. First color correction is super expensive second removal of black hair dye is a huge challenge depending on how many times you have dyed it. The more you have used any hair dye the deeper it is in the hair and some damaged area's may not lighten evenly in the first place. The grey highlights are another story we now have metallic/ chrome dye to give you grey highlights this is fairly new to the industry and not every manufacturer makes those colors.

I have never been in the salon you went to but my guess is they don't have those high fashion colors because it isn't cost effective to carry a stock of it if you aren't using them on a regular basis. There are several different ways to remove old dye however the original way is to use bleach and lighten it up. I wouldn't be to bothered by the fact that the girl asked for help approaching how to best achieve your goal two heads are better than one especially since you had a challenge color correction. I know this explanation doesn't fix your hair that you hate but you may want to try a trendy salon who specialize in unique colors like metallics and high fashion...

Most salons are going to do mostly vanilla colors black, brown's, blondes.Good luck in finding the right stylist.