Review about Smartstyle Perms from Brownsburg, Indiana

167 of 579 Smartstyle reviews

This is me the brunette.I asked for my perm to be the large spiral curls like this blonde in the photo.

I showed them this exact photo. I had to go two days in a row to get my hair done, then fixed and it was still not done right. My hair is now fried on top of that. These stylists are LAZY and right out of school.

The manager left her to fix my hair and should have helped her. I spent over $100 for jacked up hair.

Im so mad.I want a refund and treatments for the damaged hair.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Smartstyle Perms
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #723786 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Smartstyle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
167 of 579 Smartstyle reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 17 #1214268

omghsss girl , first of all this hair style is from a curling iron set ,and the hair stylist should told u that .
she cant promise u something that she cant do .
that is why u always say u can get close that that and not the exact thing .
never let clients thinking u can do it if u cant ,i m sorry but is the true reality of life stylists .
now we have a sad girl with her hair and u guys still charge her for condition ? that s crazy now .
plzzz guys if the hairstyle did a mistake u need to go back to the same one . cuz now the other stylist that have nothing to do with her mess will waist her time and money for make u happy . its not fair for the hair stylist that didnt do the error in first place ,. be wise when u choose a hairstylist .

1 0 Reply

Jun 05 #1168944

Hair stylist here! (I don't work for this company, though) First, a previous poster is correct, this is not a realistic outcome for a perm, the picture is of a curling iron style out. Perms are great for creating NATURAL curl formation, however! But the stylist should have communicated that and shown you what results to expect before servicing you. Also, in the future I would recommend searching out a salon known for perms or curly clientele! Yelp and Google is your friend! You can't expect an Ouidad/Devacurl $300 designer perm from an in-and-out chop shop with young stylists fresh out of school, many of the recent ones aren't even trained properly to perm anymore like they were 20 years ago. With MOST salons(because there are exceptions of course!) you DO get what you pay for, and it's worth a little more to me to have the service performed perfectly the first time than to pay a cheaper price three times and you may still not get what you want after all that! Good luck with the curls! If you were in the DFW Texas area I'd be more than happy to take care of you!

3 0 Reply

Nov 09, 2015 #1060913

It was done to me too $95.00 and two perms later burn and falling out hair got money but it don't fix my hair then they had the nerve o tell to pay for deep conditioning pay for the mistake they made I am *** and want to sue badly

0 0 Reply

Nov 05, 2015 #1058961

Your stylist should have explained to you that perms do not look like this, this is a curling iron set. Sorry to hear about your experience.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Smartstyle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Smartstyle.
Filing a new complaint about
×