Smartstyle Hair Perm Review from La Place, Louisiana

I recently visited Smart Style location 1822.It was not my first time visiting that location however, this time was different.

The stylist relaxed my hair, walked me over to the shampoo bowl and began washing the relaxer out. While doing so she asked if I had experienced shedding and I responded, no more than usual. She proceeded to tell me a lot of hair came out but because I had so much hair she didn't know where it came from. Because she was so calm and nonchalant about it it didn't bother me until I got home and felt around to see exactly where the hair came from.

OMG!!! I have patches of hair missing from several places on my head. For her to say she didn't know where it came from was a lie! She knew exactly where the hair came from, then proceeded to charge me and accept a tip.

Had I known she melted my hair out I would not have been so calm and I certainly wouldn't have paid her for it!

I contacted the "district manager" who is completely ignoring me!This is NO WAY to treat a customer, especially one who has been harmed by the careless actions of their employee

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Being lied to and having the situation brushed over

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Smartstyle Perms
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #857507

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Smartstyle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 10 #1171465

You have head lice.

7 1 Reply

Jun 07 #1169911

That looks painful

2 0 Reply

Jun 01 #1167318

You need to contact a lawyer take pictures lots of pictures and let the lawyer handle these people that is totally unacceptable wow the reason your hair came out and she should have told you with that color in your hair she should have never given you a relaxer that's what fried your hair same thing happened to me years ago OMG contact a lawyer right away...

2 3 Reply

Jun 04 #1168712 Saint Louis, Missouri

U can't relax hair that has been dyed recently. It will change color or come out m u need to sue. Get pic of hair..lots and then lawyer up

1 4 Reply

Jun 05 #1168958 Keller, Texas

I'm a stylist(not for this company) and you're absolutely right. Her hair looks either bleached and colored, or colored with a high lift/high volume color. You CANNOT relax hair if so because of the high risk of breakage. The stylist didn't know or say this and is therefore 100% liable! Bless this girl, hope it grows back ASAP :( I hate to see something so devastating happen to someone.

3 3 Reply

Sep 17 #1214255

just u guys know ,u cant really sue cuz u hair is falling ,, it could be anything .
why is falling.
plus u need more prove just only pic .

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Smartstyle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Smartstyle.
Filing a new complaint about