1.5

I got my hair trimmed at the Walmart Trainyards location in Ottawa. I just wanted some shorter bangs because mine had grown too long. I asked for them to be trimmed to just around my eyebrows. I wouldn't have minded and little shorter or longer, but she cut them to the middle of my forehead! Oh my god, it was awful.

Before she started, I explained to her that I do not part my hair, ever, and did not want to have to part it for the bangs. She said she understood and proceeded to part my hair and chop off my long bangs. She didnt even start at a longer length or stop to ask me what I thought! She instantly chopped them to a length so short, I was bewildered. I just hoped and hoped she knew what she was doing. She did not. I raced home, thinking I just needed to style it myself and maybe it would look better. It was then I realized something terrible; she hadn't cut all my bangs. When I brushed my hair my longer bangs completely covered the mess she made of my hair and it was like I hadn't had a haircut at all, except there were tiny one-inch hairs under my bangs. I couldn't believe it. The only way I could see the horrible bangs she gave me was if I parted my hair, which was THE MOST IMPORTANT thing I told her I was not looking for. I told her so many times, no parting. And yet, for some reason, she took this as me saying "please, force me to part my hair. Chop my bangs off until I look ridiculous."

Worst part; I have to be a bridesmaid in 2 weeks. I have been growing my hair for 5 months to be able to wear it up, and it was the longest I've grown it in 4 years. The haircut was so bad that my regular stylist (who I ran to as soon as I realized what had happened) suggested I just cut it short because there was nothing else she could do (and I completely agreed, I knew she couldn't save my hair). She tried to fix the rest of my hair to match the bangs but it turned into a mullet.

Honestly, this SmartStyle employee completely ruined my first experience at this business and I really hope that she never screws anyone else over weeks before an important event. I'm sitting here with a close equivalent to a buzzcut because she couldn't understand a simple request. I feel like I've been stripped of my confidence, because I was so excited to have a nice hairstyle. Honestly, I cried when I saw what she'd done.

Thanks a lot. I'll NEVER try a SmartStyle again.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Smartstyle. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Smartstyle.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Beauty Salons and Spas category for more informed decision or compare Smartstyle to other companies on our site.

Comments

Waynesboro, Virginia, United States #1176642

You should have just gone to your regular stylist

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1169489

Yeah, I don't understand why getting bad bangs would force you to need all of your hair cut.......