Smartstyle - They butchered my baby's hair!

7 of 579 Smartstyle reviews

I am beyond livid!I took my 23-month-old foster son in to get a trim.

He has naturally curly hair that I just love. I asked the stylist to give him a trim to clean him up a little bit and he literally butchered his hair! I clearly stated that I wanted to keep his curls and even commented that I was glad to see the stylist had curly hair as well so he understood. He nodded at the comment and began to cut.

I stepped away for a few seconds to grab a tissue because my little one was crying and his nose was running and when I came back he had literally cut inches off his hair! I said, "OMG you took his curls off"! He didn't respond. Just kept cutting.

A minute later I took the cape off my little man and threw it at the stylist. I said enough! If you keep cutting he will be bald. I then went to the counter and said, "I am not happy at all!" She asked me if we had discussed what I wanted.

Does anyone get a haircut without first telling them?! I started to cry because there is no fixing this! I am so angry that I just want to go back in there and punch the guy! The first photo shows what his hair looked like.

The second photo shows what he did. Disgusting! The third photo is what I asked for.

Unbelievable!I feel like he purposely did this!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Stylist
    • Did not get what i requested
    • Butchered hair
    • Did opposite of what i asked
    • Ruined hair

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Smartstyle Haircut
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #953500 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Smartstyle? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
7 of 579 Smartstyle reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 12 #1239644 San Jose, California, United States

He looks better! You can tell this he's a boy now! I bet within 2 weeks, his curls will be back. I can't believe you would cry over something so silly. You really overacted, especially the part where you threw the cape at the stylist.

2 4 Reply
partangel

Nov 12 #1239700

Looks better? Are you kidding me? He looks like he received a bad mullet cut. Apparently, you know nothing about hair. This will take months for it to grow back. This is not silly. First, I loved his curls, he was adorable. Second, he has always looked like a boy, never a question about that. Third, he is a foster son, meaning I have permission from the birth parents to trim his hair, not cut it all off! He goes on a visit in a few days, perhaps it will grow back by then? I don't think so. Let's not forget the fact that what I had asked for was a little trim. What the stylist did was *** all of his hair. The complete opposite! Do you often pay for something you didn't ask for? Finally, we have to postpone his two-year photos, we have family coming in for the holidays, whom will all be shocked when they see him. Despite what you think, this is devastating to us.

1 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Smartstyle. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Smartstyle.
Filing a new complaint about
×